I loved the movie, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. I loved it because it was soooooooooooooooo good. To me, it was way better than any of the Harry Potter movies. Don't get me wrong, I like the Harry Potter movies, but they always leave stuff out. It is impossible to get it all in, I realize that. But I loved Narnia because EVERYTHING was in there!
The kids and I read The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe this past summer to get ready for the movie. After seeing the movie, we are reading the book again. To me, Harry Potter books are better than the movie and the Narnia movie is better than the book.
I wrote a paper in college on the Screwtape Letters. I really liked reading the book. I admit that at the time, I chose the book because it was short. I also admit that it was not an easy read for me, even though it was a good book and reading it led me to read other C.S. Lewis books. I forgot how much I liked him as an author. I went back and updated my profile and included C.S. Lewis as one of my favorites. Then I like to see how many other people like him as well.
Currently I am reading, "The Problem of Pain, How Human Suffering Raises Almost Intolerable Intellectual Problems" by C.S. Lewis. It is a good book, but not an easy read. In fact, to me so far, any "religious" book I have ever read are not "easy reads" for me. I think about them too much when I am not reading. I intellectualize them in head all the time, reflect, go to scripture. I guess this is what we are supposed to do, right? I guess I am not used to it. Shame on me for not reading about God's word enough. I thought reading the Bible was what we were supposed to do, and I don't even do that enough. It takes up a lot of my time. And this bothers me!? But! Reading this book has helped me read my Bible more in the last month than I have in the last year!
I am trying to do a Bible study plan in the morning before the kids get up. I am starting tomorrow morning. I decided to do it in the morning along with the reading of the book, The Problem Of Pain, instead of reading it here and there. Especially after today. Today was crazy! First day back to school. I was ready for school to start!
It's a good book, you should read it. C.S. Lewis is so matter of fact for me. I like it. I think I might even read the Screwtape Letters again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment