Well, I have perfected my biscuits. This is very, VERY big news, peeps. And when I say, "perfected" I mean "PERFECTED"! I now have two kinds in my repertoire. They are the loose, easy-going kind and now... the round or formed kind.
My husband was used to the round kind as this was how he had them growing up. Its not that he didn't care for my biscuits, because he did. But he requested the formed ones. Its all he knew as a boy. What was a good girl who LOVES her man to do? So, it is done. It has taken me about SIX MONTHS! But I did it. And let me tell y'all, they are GOOD!
But let's not take away the beautiful, flaky, delicious-ness of the kind that got me started with the whole biscuit baking thing in the first place. This batter is a wet, loose batter that I scoop onto a cookie sheet with an ice cream scooper. Yep... I know, but it WORKS!~ I have put pics of my yummy biscuits on my facebook page and here. And they ARE awesome. And they go oh so good with my yummy, creamy, gravy... I am not trying to sound all boastful or anything, its just that I have worked VERY hard at them.
Insert Confession here:
I like the unformed biscuits better. I know, I know... but hear me out. I don't dislike the formed ones either. They are good. And they are OH- So-Pretty! Aaaaand FLAAAAAAAKYYYYY... mm-mmm-mmmmm! Y'all know what I'm talkin' 'bout, right??? And can I get an "AMEN" up in HERE?! Its just that I like the moist biscuit better, that's all.
But now... at my husband's request... I have perfected a "formed" biscuit. And they are AMAZING! And nothing makes me as happy as seeing his eyebrows raise when he sees that I am baking them... for him. And I get pretty excited at his enjoyment. The way he carefully saaa-laatherrrrs his favorite grape jelly on them, they way that he takes three at a time for his plate. The way that he carefully takes a bite and his eyes roll back in his head just a weeeeee bit... Makes me glad I'm a woman, if you *ahem* know what I mean. And HIS woman!
BUT! I really, truly think that biscuits are a matter for personal preference. Just like sodas... some like Coke, some Dr. Pepper. Go figure... its PERSONAL y'all...
Pics of aforementioned "new" biscuits coming soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment