So... Sally Clarkson has this new book out titled, Desperate. I found out when my friend Candace from church sent a group message out asking if we, us bunch of ladies, would be interested in doing a book study/read. All I had to hear was 'Sally Clarkson' and the mere hint of set time away from my wonderful family that was "for their good" (no seriously it is) and I was IN like - well, whatever huge way to be in.
Now I'm going to tell you something but don't angry... this book is my first to read of hers... I KNOW! I KNOW! Don't yell or suck in all that shock air! I've heard of her (a lot) and have always meant to read one of her books (too busy) and have never been a reader (at least not since I had my first baby). But can I just say that this book, Desperate, is as if she's taken pages out of the diary that I never had time to write??? You know that song, 'Strummin' my face with his fingers, singing my life with his words... blah blah blah'? Yeah! Great song, right? But there's this one line that says, "I felt as if he knew me, embarrassed by the song. I felt as if he found my letters and read each one aloud" weeeelllll... let me tell ya. That's how I feel.
I would love to be a writer if I had time, I would love to be a reader IF I had the time. I would love to take better care of myself IF I ONLY had the time...
This is good stuff. A must read. Believe me. Run, don't walk to your computer and order this book. I got it on my Nook and have almost finished it in less than a day. The processing of this book has been so extremely encouraging and convicting (but in the good way) at times that I am embarrassed that I waited so long to take this time. Thank you, Mrs. Clarkson. Thank You. And if I don't win that spa weekend/mentoring with you... well, thank you.
"When things got really bad, I tried to reach out for help in small ways, but I never wanted to put anyone else out, so I would act like I was fine. In reality, I was getting worse, I wasn't spending time with friends, I didn't have anyone to watch the babes, so I could get out and go on a date with my husband and I was lost in the wreckage of undisciplined activity..." - words I know she heard me say in my head to my SELF.
Oh! One more thing... she's giving away a spa retreat/mentoring weekend with herself. Can you believe it??? I want to win it. Really. Just go to the Desperate Mom website and enter to win. As much as I believe this is wonderful and want to win I really hope it goes to someone desperate and in true need for this. Oh wait. That's me. ;o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment