Monday, January 08, 2007

One Day Done, Four More To Go...

Well, it's night time. First day of juice fast. This is an excerpt of a phone conversation...
with my mom.


Mom - Hungry?
Me - No.
Mom - Tired of juice?
Me - Yes.
Mom - In pain?
Me - No, I just really want to chew something.
~ she laughs ~
Mom - Is your stomach growling?
Me - No, I'm not hungry, just want to eat. It's such a habit for me.
Mom - Well, if it were easy eeeeeeehhhhveryone would do it. ~ she laughs ~
Me - Juices are sweet and I am the kind of person that craves salty or savory.
Mom - Well, aren't you praying?
Me - Yeah.
Mom - Heard anything yet?
Me - Yes, but it's personal.
Mom - What do you mean, personal?
Me - It's personal, Mom.
Mom - Is it about Ira?
Me - No, it's about me, it's personal.
Mom - Well, something about your husband can be personal.
Mom - What was it?
Me - What I mean by personal is, is that if I told you about it, it would not make sense to you. It's a word for me.
Mom - You can tell me, I'm your mother.
Mom - So it was just a word?
Me - Mom...
Mom - Try me and see. I'm your mother (she says this smiling, trying to be funny)
Me - Mom, really, it's personal...
Mom - Whatever...
Me - Mom, don't get mad, it's just that it's between me and the Lord
Mom- Whatever...

I knew if I called her I could get my mind off of the drive up McCart for the snack that I really wanted.
:o)

7 comments:

A Hopeful Hollar Knits said...

Yea!!!! Don't you love it when you feel like you have a break though like that. It's just for you and what you specifically are going through. God is so good to us! He alone always knows just what we need.

Smockity Frocks said...

Hey Jennifer,

I'm adding you to my links.

Jenn said...

thanks! i already had you on mine, i should have asked you first. i just assumed since you were selling those beautiful aprons. no worries?

Smockity Frocks said...

Thanks for putting me on yours. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to ask permission first, or just add everyone I want.

Anonymous said...

Does chewing gum break the fast?

Jenn said...

hey "ladieth" man (that's how i say your name).

gum chewing during a fast...

i think it's a personal decision. so do, some don't... i asked around :o)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... that schlur's hilarious!