Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Roasting Marshmallows



They have been on a roasted marshmallow kick since our first fire this winter. On our camping trip in April last year, the fire ban in Texas did not allow us to have a campfire. The kids still talk about it! Believe me, we have made up for it.
Any fire we have had this winter, we have had roasted hot dogs and marshmallows!



This one is a too dark (flash didn't go off) but I loved their little expressions.

Does ANYONE out there have ANY ideas on how to get the black yuck off of our fireplace? I went back and forth on whether to post these pics because of it. My perfectionism shining through, yuck.

But! After I uploaded these pictures and saw how black the brick really was, I panicked! I got out the Windex and a rag and made a mess. And it's still there! Any suggestions?
PLEEEEEAAAASE!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't use our fireplace... kids aren't old enough yet, I guess. Sorry.

Hey I tried to add you to my friends on MySpace, but it wouldn't let me. My ID is gabbatha_u.

Add me if you want, and I'll return the favor. Take care!

A Hopeful Hollar Knits said...

Those sweeties look like they're having a great time!

Jenn said...

ladieth man,
i don't know what the deal is with myspace. it did the same thing to me the other day on someone else's. your request was not even on my page of requests. i went to yours and requested you. maybe it'll work now? :o)

Keith Hollar said...

Tag. You’re it. You need to do a post of the 5 Things That People Don’t Know About You. See my blog for details.

Smockity Frocks said...

Where 'ya been?

Wezie said...

Windex?!? What are ya Greek? I think I would try soapy water and a scrub brush first - is your vent working properly? Ours hasn't done that and we have fires all the time.

Wezie said...

I think those marshmallows are done. Where you been?