Again, here I am clicking around in my profile. And as I was looking at all of the people with the same interests as I have. I noticed that I am the only one with Electric Football as an interest. Could this be possible? I mean really. There have got to be more interested in Electric Football. My husband is a member the of the DFW league and was a previous Commissioner. I am now a football wife.
Where are you, my fellow Electric Football watchers? The Miggle website would be sadly disappointed to find out there are not more of you here. Don't you guys remember the flat metal board that you put miniature football players on and buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz? Of course, nowadays it is much more advanced. In fact, this has become quite an underground type of industry. There are extremely talented individuals that will paint your team for you according to the team you pick and will do it with the exact duplicated decals, logos down to the Nike logo on a sweatband on a wrist. It is much more than your old afterschool preoccupation. My husband's team is or was, rather, the Ravens. He is switching to the Cardinals next season. I don't remember why. I was excited about the change because I love RED. And my sister lives in Phoenix.
The league my husband participates in is the DFW League. They play an entire football season. The games consists of two team "Coaches" with their teams, a referee and a time keeper. The game is so synchronized. That's what I like most about it. They have the time clocks that will count out loud in a woman's voice, "10, nine, eight, seven, six..." So on and so on. They have a plastic box with two dice in it. With each shake of the box there is a new combination of possibilities of penalties. They could go in your favor or against. This makes it so much more real. You could get a four and four and that could mean, for example, fumble or something. I wish I had the list or remembered them for this publishing. Right now, I'm blank. Anyhow, it makes it quite real. The last couple of Superbowls were determined by a shake of the box and made the game turn around in someone else's favor.
I wish I could post a film snippet so you could see the games in action. It is really, believe it or not, quite exciting. My husband and I traveled to Tennessee when I was seven months pregnant with our son to go to a Miggle Toys Electric Football Convention. It was nice to see all of the people so "into" the hobby. My husband was up all hours of the night talking to other people. Playing games and trading secrets.
All you Electric Football fans...
Come out, come out wherever you are...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment