Saturday, July 02, 2005

Kids and Wal-Mart DON'T Mix!

Okay, so we went for a sno cone at 10:00 on Friday night because I HAD TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!! This really hot weather is making me wheeze like crazy so I have had to stay indoors. We were ssooooooooooooooooo bummed because the stand was closed! It clearly states on the sign that they are open until 11:00!!! IJ and McLaine started crying! I wanted to cry, too, just kidding. But I WAS really looking forward to trying Grand Slam that I have heard so much about. Anyway, we got the brainiac idea to go to Wal-Mart "to pick up a few things". I am sorry, really, really, really sorry to say that I have inherited my Grandmother's knack of going to the store for milk and bread and coming home with a cart full of goodies.

Ira never goes to the store with us... Never... Ever. The kids were excited that we were all together. We haven't been out of the house at all lately, all of us together, besides church recently and a quick visit to Souper Salad. They acted like wild crazed monkeys! You know, the kind you see in a news clip attacking each other?! I have seen some pretty wild kids in Wal-Mart and have always been proud that mine don't "act like that". I have learned to not cast judgment about kids in Wal-Mart. First of all, it was late. I don't like seeing kids out that late and always think to myself, poor kiddos. They should be in bed. I bet people were looking at us and thinking, poor parents, those kiddos should be in detention!

IJ grabbed EVERYTHING related to Batman, Spiderman, Scooby Doo and Fairly Odd Parents off of the shelves. Really, EVERYTHING. I have NEVER had to put so many things back before and I had to spank his hand on two, yes, two, separate occasions! McLaine, oh, let's not forget McLaine... She found a pair of light up sandals that were a hair on the small side and absolutely threw a wall-eyed fit. A TANTRUM PEOPLE! IN WAL-MART! They were cute sandals, I made the mistake of telling her she could have them because McKenna has a light up pair. I said, "sure baby, you can have them". There was not another pair to be found.

Yes, I bought them.

Swore I would NEVER do that. But I did.

McKenna sees them acting like wild Indians and decides to assume a parental role "and help" and squished McLaine's cheeks together because she was being too loud. She got in trouble for that. She then later spanked IJ's hand when he grabbed something off of a shelf. She got in trouble for that. I had to put IJ in the cart. I had to make the two girls sit in those little bitty seats in that cart for children and push them and all the stuff!

They whined and whined that they were hungry, because, as you know, there is a McDonald's in there. Ira finally agreed to take them over there, to give me a little peace and get them something to eat. I was NOT happy they came back with ice cream. And Coke.

It got worse...

I was so glad to be finally home.

I don't care what it is, I am using the hot weather as an excuse to stay home tomorrow, too!

2 comments:

Danny Sims said...

Is there an Icee machine at this Walmart? I'll promise your kids you'll get them three or four...

Jenn said...

i am embarassed because the sign at limp willie's says 1 - 10pm depending on rain!!!