ROUND AND ROUND
Round and round on a whistelin' Sunday
I took Your heart to keep
it was easy to me, like a slow-motion rescue
you laid me down to sleep
but weeds grow up in hidden places
and bitter roots so secretly take place
and the hard lines of winter cement your good intentions
and your righteousness it can all but erase
up and down like a sky-rise window-washer
I never stop to stay
I read that book like a high-school assignment
and it never took my breath away
but needs rise up to drive you forward
in the face of strong adversity
and beings cry out for recognition
even when they can't identify the need
to be passionately loved
and to passionately love
to be naked unafraid
and happy in one place
to have all of your attentions
surrendered to the truth
to be bathed head to toe
in the blood saved for you
to be eager to release
and the first one to repent
and to never even notice
when hours are spent
to come boldly to a throne
while all of life ensues
and be helplessly in love
with the blood saved for you
to be held like a baby
and to hold on like a baby
...Michelle Patterson--10/2/96
I don't know if there is a proper way to write lyrics for a song, and if this is wrong I apologize. But! The above is my FAVORITE song, ever! It was written and sung by friends of ours. Barry and Michelle Patterson. This song is from their first album, Birth, which is by far my favorite.








No comments:
Post a Comment