Monday, September 10, 2007

Texas ShootOut Results

Texas ShootOut was again, a complete success! The trophy that has until now, stayed in Texas since the ShootOut's debut left for Spartanburg, South Carolina! Bryan Nutt aka "BeeNutt" took the big trophy home after 48 hours of Round Robin gaming. Though Bryan has lived in Spartanburg for 44 years he is the proud coach of the Dallas Cowboys! Some solace in that I suppose. BeeNutt is also the creator of the Miniature Football Forum and has also been most "instrumental" for a lot of the outta-site decals that coaches use on their players. I put a few pics together for you. I did not participate this year as I usually do as I have been home with a nasty cough and cold. I did get to go on Saturday night and got a few pics. Enjoy!


Future EFL'er in the making! IJ enjoyed the timed races and practicing his passing. He was more accurate than some of the old-schoolers!
This was taken around midnight on Saturday night. As you can see, the pressure was still ON!
I was lucky enough to witness this close call. This was a game Ira was reffing between the ShootOuts' winner, Coach Bryan Nutt of the Dallas Cowboys and "Steamboat" Fulton, coach of the New England Patriots. It was very exciting as we had to get instant replay and other referee input as well. Below is another pic of the same play. Unfortunately I couldn't get the closest close-up to upload. But we used that particular pic to help determine the final ruling. Was this a defensive back making a tackle on an offensive player? This would be decided if they were touching at any point on the base. Upon further review with other officials it was ruled that they were indeed touching so the play stood as a tackle! A hairline is sometimes all it takes to determine the play. Very exciting!

Who got hit? Who didn't get hit? Questionable calls, passing, passing and more passing. Clocks, timers and countdowns makes it soooooo much more of a reality than a "FANTASY"! There's nothing like hands-on action!
All in all it was both a successful turn-out and tournament. Congratulations Bryan Nutt and thanks to everyone that participated and came into the DFW area to play and have good time.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

thank you for your sweet words on my blog, i really appreciate it. just wanted to say that.

Wezie said...

Where are the cheerleaders and the band?