Friday, September 28, 2007

Thank You, God

It has been a difficult week and a half. I know we share personal information out there in blogland but sometimes there are things that are not blog material. I am sure you all will agree to some extent. Now before you wonder or worry, Ira is fine, I am fine the kids are fine. I am just having a comtemplative season of sorts. I know it is all for His greater good and rather than avoid it as I would have in the past, I am listening and learning. Just one of those things when the good Lord in His all-knowing goodness kind of "breaks it down" for us a little and gets our attention. Like I said, normally in my not-so-distant past I would have ignored "it" and moved on. But! I am older now and have learned my lesson there.
I cannot say I look forward to these times of learning and spiritual growth when they are painful... but I CAN say I look forward to growing nearer to God which is what ALWAYS happens when these things come up. It is also very pleasant to know that He disciplines His children as any caring, loving, nurturing Father would. And He does so with the most tender of hearts.
And I would also like to add...
Thank God for girlfriends!

4 comments:

Wezie said...

Is it time for another visit to Starbuck's?

Jenn said...

it is ALWAYS time for starbucks with you, my friend! :o) wasn't that fun?
and you only had to pay a one time orientation fee and from now on receive beautiful prizes as long as you pay your dues which i haven't received from you yet... lol! (inside joke)

karen b said...

i want to go to starbucks too!! call me!!

Jenn said...

the more the merrier i always say!!!