Saturday, May 01, 2010

Standin' In The Need of Prayer

Why is it so much easier to pray for others than to pray for ourselves? At least this is how it is for me. I don't know about you but when I see friends "go down to the alter" or hear friends ask for prayer, I pray! FERVENTLY! But I don't pray for myself. I pray for my kids, my husband, strangers, my neighbors and friends - family of course... but not for myself.

I have been going to Freedom classes at Convergence Church and have loved every minute of it. I look forward to it all week in fact. I say the prayers out loud with everyone and feel my spirit move and Jesus' love all over me. But when I am at home, reading my bible or having my quiet time. I don't pray for myself with the same gusto I do for others...

I have a goiter in my neck the size of an infant... I need it gone. I don't have the money for my deductible and need to go through JPS or something. I do have insurance. But I am AFRAID! I have been frozen in taking care of myself since Ira got sick a little less than five years ago.

He is well now! Praise the Lord! But... I ignored serious issues with myself during that time and am ignoring them now.

I think it is also not wanting to spend money on myself... okay, didn't know this was going to be a full blown confessional. But do any of you out there in bloggy-land have the same issues? I remember when I was a young mom or even before I had kids and would see on t.v. the importance of taking care of ourselves to take care of our families better and thought I would never let myself get like that. But here I am.

So... will you pray not just for me but with me? Thanks :o)

No comments: