Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Too Much Time?

So what I get asked so many times now that Ira is retired is, "So, are yOU driving each other crazy?" Now that "yOU two" have so much time together, are you blah, blah, blah...

At first I was surprised by the question and wOUld laugh and say simply, no. But then as the question surfaced more and more, I've decided that people are not looking for an answer of a simple, no, they want "stuff"or eye rolling or tattling on one another.

Don't get me wrong for one second. I am not thinking that all of the people that are asking the question are trying to be rude or trying to be nosy or something. These are people that I know pretty well and are asking, I think, because that's what society leads us to believe. That if we, a cOUple, are together all day, that we would ultimately get on each other's nerves. Also, let me say, that the ones that ask the question are usually our non-christian and or non-married friends.

"Non-Christian". No, I'm not labeling here. But I think you know what I mean, don't you? The friends that we all have that do not go to church or aren't currently in or seeking a relationship with our Lord, Jesus. Right? Right. My friends that I love dearly but haven't gotten it... yet. LOL!

Anywho.

Are we getting on each other's nerves? Well, no. I mean, you know, no more than normal. What I mean is, we have our occasional disagreements, but no more than before. In fact, less.

Since Ira has retired, he is healthier, to a certain degree. He is not as stressed and stress is what made him ill. His illness is auto-immune. And auto-immune diseases love, love, love when someone is stressed. Everything in the body does not work the same and the disease takes total advantage of that.

He no longer sleeps all the time. Our lives are better because we are actually seeing him awake. The kids have their dad back and I have my husband back.

So, back to the original question. Are we driving each other crazy being together all day long? I would have to say with a resOUnding, NO, that we are not. I have missed this man more than I can say with mere words. I am enjoying having him here. Let us NOT forget that I love him, SO MUCH! And for a long while I was thinking what were our last words going to be? "do you want something to drink?" "here take your medicine" "let me take your temperature"...

He is sweet, precious, smart and very handsome. I cOUld look at him all day long. Strangely though, I am not getting more done at home, it is less. I soooooo thOUght the opposite would happen. But oh well... at least we are not getting on each other's nerves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your honor and respect has sustained his spirit. :-)

Anonymous said...

B has every other Friday off and I love it! Isn't it fun to be married?!

Jenn said...

yes, henny, when it's good, it's GREAT!