Monday, January 07, 2008

Well, I'm busted... thanks to Detective/Neighbor Wezie!

For the last two weeks we were in Phoenix, Arizona! My mom and sister both live there and Ira, the kids and I went for Christmas and New Year's! I didn't mention it just because, well, you know.... this being public and all. I guess it was weird for me... whatever... LOL!

My sister and her family and my mom were so good to us! We had a really, really awesome Christmas thanks to them. Not that it's about the gifts, because it's totally not. But we were lookin' at quite a slim Christmas this year. We weren't all down in the jaw about it.
We were fine. We really, really were. Every time I look at Ira I am so grateful. Do you remember what it's like when you had a new baby and you kept checking to see if it was breathing? I did that with Ira a lot in 2007. No joke. So not even close to being funny...

So! We just hopped on the opportunity to get the heck out of here. Which is what we have really, really wanted ever since Ira got well.

We have been unbelievably blessed before and are still grateful for that. But this year has been the roughest on us (ain't it funny that when you think it can't get worse, it can?) and we just wanted to get the heck out of here.

My mom gave us gas money and we loaded up the 'burb' and drove over to sunny Phoenix. :o)

It was a much needed trip and time. Just to get away. This year has been OUr most challenging yet. But we have learned so much, too.

OUr precious kiddos (I am so prOUd of them) were not into the presents this year either. Don't get me wrong, they were lookin' for them and all. And were so happy about the ones they did receive. But we told them that this year was not going to be a big Christmas and they were okay. I reminded them of what being grateful for what we had really meant and they were in total agreement. Even the five year old!

I had a cOUple of sweet inquiries before Christmas abOUt what we were going to do and when asked I would say that we were just glad to all be here. And it's sooooo true. :o)

We have had some close calls, but this time by FAR was the closest. I am so grateful to The Lord our God for bringing my sweet, sweet hubby OUt of another horrible situation.

His mercy is awesome.

So, we were in Phoenix! We got home Saturday night. We skipped church on Sunday because we were, uh, er, EXHAUSTED! We drive straight thrOUgh except for a stop here and there for gas/bathroom and a stop at a rest area for, you know, rest. :o)

We did not get to stop at our beloved Texas Canyon. It is sooooo beautiful. But we were in a rush to get there (Phoenix) because Christmas was fast approaching. We left on Saturday the 22nd. Got there on Sunday the 23rd. Whew!

Came home this past weekend.

I tried to give hints.... on my Myspace page it said that "I wish I lived in Phoenix". And this post ... I was trying really hard to give/not give it away. It was my Christmas present to Ira! Can you believe it???

BIG! VERY BIG DEAL, Y'all!

We had an awesome opportunity to get a ticket. I will post on that later when I get the pictures. But, yes, Ira DID go to the Fiesta Bowl!

He said it was the best, ever! He didn't even mind that they lost. Well, that's not true. He did mind that they lost, but he was just so happy to be there that, it was "okay". Know what I mean? LOL!

Good work, Detective/Neighbor Wezie. Well done!

3 comments:

Wezie said...

Sorry to give it away! I am glad you had a good time!

karen b said...

i just figured ira was watching the game on tv, like my husband. the fiesta bowl in person -- what a great surprise!!

Danny Sims said...

Glad you got to go and be blessed. I guarantee you this: You guys blessed the Arizona folks as much or more!