Friday, October 26, 2007

The Lion King

Oh, yes, yes, people. We saw The Lion King. And I can say, it was EVERYTHING we expected and more! In-cre-di-BLE! The costumes, oh the costumes. I was trying so hard to remember them so I could describe them, but words cannot do justice.
The homeschool organization we are involved in provides DISCOUNTED rates to homeschoolers at theater productions at Dallas Music Hall at Fair Park and this is the one we waited and saved up for all year. Even Ira, who does not usually have much to say was full of words about this musical. If you have the opportunity, we highly recommend it!

Oh! And, it was during the State Fair so our tickets for the Lion King show allowed us into the fair for FREE! So we went a little early and enjoyed a snippit of the State Fair. I am happy to report that McKenna shares my feelings about the State Fair. Her words were exactly, in the sweetest, kindest way possible, "Mommy, you don't have to bring me to the fair again if you don't want to. But the food was fun!"

Oh she loves her Daddy, as do I :o)
We were starting to take the picture when all of the sudden Big Tex said, "Howdy Ya'll! Welcome to the State Fair of Texas!" I WISH I could have gotten the picture of IJ and McLaine's faces! It scared the corndogs out of them!!!
"MOM!, mnot mwhilem m'im meating!"
Better now, and reading for the picture.

No comments: