Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Where've You Been?"


"Where've you been?" she says to me with a great big hug.

"Oh, I'm sorry..." I hug back tightly and even pat her on the back.

We went to my friends' house and while the kids were greeting each other and the husbands were greeting each other I quickly ran to the restroom. So, I started to tell her that I HAD to go to the restroom.

"NO, no, no! I mean on your BLOG THINGY!" "You haven't put a new one on a several days, are you alright?" she was grinning from ear to ear.

I was like, "um, uh, well, huh?!" And then I just had to say, "I didn't know you read my blog!"

Oh, yes! Yes, she does. My dear friend's MOTHER reads my blog! At first I was like, Oh my WORD! Her MOTHER???!!! What's on there? All of my past blogs were racing through my head. And then I was like, wow! She reads it? And then I was like, HEY! Why don't you comment? I felt like I was at a slumber party and found the "mom" hiding around the corner listening to us talk about boys!

Yes, people, my friend's MOTHER reads my blog... everyday. :o) My friend said that her mother googled my name and found "it". She was looking for an address for me and came across my blog. Isn't that nice? *cough*

Okay, so... "She" and I have been to a few baby showers together and I think even a bridal shower or two. "She" is one of my dearest friends' MOM! My entire family was at her 65th birthday party. So... why is this freakin' me out a little?
"She" knows my children and their names and even shares a birthdate with one of them! "She" always asks about MY mother and the rest of my family. I have been in her home, "she" in mine. When my daughter's school has a fund-raiser, we can always count on her to buy a $9 plastic cup of gummy bears. When Ira was in the hospital this past spring "She" was the FIRST non-family member to visit us. A VERY, VERY, nice woman people...!!!

So why did it make me go, *cough* "hee hee, oh, I've been busy, huhuhuh *weak smile*!"???

So, later when we got home the phone rang.

My friend, "hey are you okay? you know, my mom reading your blog, is that weird or what?!"

I was all, "yeah, I KNOW! I didn't know what to say! It felt weird but was nice at the same time? I guess? Yeah, it was nice."
I felt so, you know, fifth grade, her mom could be listening in on the other phone kind-of-like, you know??? But, I guess, I am now at that age where I AM actually friends with my FRIEND'S mom. :o)
"Hey, how come she doesn't comment?"

"Well, she doesn't want to make an account, you know, personal information and stuff out there on the internet."

LOL!
SO! Well, here it goes...
just wanted to say...

"HELLO OUT THERE! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!" :O) Thanks for stopping by. You are sweet and I love ya!


1 comment:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Hi Jennifer!

Thanks for entering the Beth giveaway at my blog...

I loved this post..I recently found out one of our senior church member's elderly brother read my blog...isn't that a riot? I Immediately thought of all the poop posts...oh well, i never asked him to read it! :))

great to meet you!

Lisa