I make the best tomato basil soup, ya'll!
I didn't even have all of the ingredients. I had no cream. We drink skim milk and I put a little of that in there. But I was looking around in the fridge and thought, sour CREAM.. sour CREAM. That could work. I love sour cream flavored things anyway, so why not? It turned out soooooo stinkin' great I could hardly believe it. Why hadn't this been done before???
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 large can tomato sauce
3 leaves fresh basil roughly chopped
1 cup milk (i used skim because that's what i had)
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup sour cream
I put all of this in a pot on the stove, one by one. I then used my hand held emulsifying blender and emulsified it, ya'll. Cooked it 'til it came a boil, turned it down and then simmered for about 10 minutes.
We always serve our tomato soup with celery stalks (they're fun for dipping in the soup) and hot bacon strips on the side, because, well, why not? Bacon's good with everything 'cept wedding cake, right?
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
OK, you get the "Domestic Goddess Award" for the month of November. by the way, that Pee-can pie sure looked good.
bacon is great with wedding cake who you been talkin to?? :)
Post a Comment