Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey Day's Odds and Ends

I could not find the beef summer sausage anywhere. Looked all over for it. I like to have meat and cheese tray while everyone waits for the last few to arrive, not this time. It was hanging in the kitchen all along. Ira put it there. If it were a snake it would have bit me.
The last sink of dishes of the day is worth a photo, don'tcha think?
Another item missing from our table this year was the sweet potato casserole. Here it is sitting in the fridge since the day before when I baked it and cooled it and put it in the fridge. So goes the whole my "getting ready a day earlier" thing. I forgot a whole ding dang side dish. Sad thing is we didn't even miss them...
Before....

After......

Special shout out to Connie for her turkey recipe. It was a complete success!!! The JUICIEST and FASTEST turkey down here in the Metroplex! Bravo, darlin' brav-O!

2 comments:

Smockity Frocks said...

It looks like you had a fantastic spread! I'm glad no one died from botulism following my turkey recipe!

Jenn said...

yep! no botulism. everything turned out alllllllright!