Friday, November 09, 2007


The ONLY good things about having sick babies:
  • The house is a lot quieter
  • Less disagreements (everyone's throat hurt too much)
  • Homemade chicken soup
  • Reading, lot's and lot's of reading

Now that everyone is better... it's back to reality. This is bittersweet for me. I love reading out loud. I do the voices, a little bit of acting out, sometimes even dress up a little, a shawl for the grandmother or mean old lady in the story or a hat for the man, Ira's cane, etc., etc. It's so much fun when all three of them are lethargic and captive on the sofas.

Mmmuuwahaaahaahaa...

I am in front of them reading chapters of Lemony Snicket and stories of poisoned apples. I miss theater and performing arts and all that it allows the imagination.

The bad things about having sick babies:

  • It is EXHAUSTING!
  • I don't know about you, but I just feel so gross and dirty, the germs, they are all around me! Ewwww and eeek!
  • The housework oooooooh it does a'suffer, see number one.
  • It's expensive! Doctor visit fees, medicines, it's outrageous even WITH insurance!
  • Nothing hurts the heart like having someone you love be uncomfortable, sick and in pain... nothing.

No comments: