Thursday, November 22, 2007

My new favorite side salad dish is Broccoli Salad. There are a lot of steps... but it's worth it!
mmmmmm...
1 large head of broccoli
1 small red onion, chopped
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/3 cup pecans or sunflower seeds (I used cashews mmm)
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
salt and pepper to taste
4 sliced of bacon cooked crisp and crumbled (I used 6)
Clean, trim and chop broccoli into a large bowl. Add cheese, onion, raisins and dressing over salad. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Top with Bacon bits before serving.
Makes 8 servings
This is my Grandma Johnson's Pecan Pie...

Did I tell you I grew up on a pecan farm? I know pecans ya'll. And they ARE pronounced "Puh-kaaahhhhns"


1/2 cup white corn syrup

1/2 cup dark corn syrup

1/3 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup melted butter

1 teaspoon vanilla

3 eggs, slightly beaten

1 cup chopped pecans

halved pecans to decorate top

Combine syrup, sugar, salt , butter and vanilla;mix well. Add slightly beaten eggs. Pour into 9 inch pie shell. Sprinkle chopped pecans. Decorate top with halved pecans. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 45 minutes.

YUM!

2 comments:

Smockity Frocks said...

That pie is BEE-YOOTIFUL! I like my pecans all turned the same way, too!

Jenn said...

why thank you, my dear :o)