Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes...

Well, people... I've been feeling a little adventurOUs... As you can see I have added some things. These are things that were already on the computer. Imagine what I could do IF I HAD a USB cord!!!!!

Blogger has some neat-o things that I can add. I am really wanting to change the header to one of those cool pics that I see people doing. But I do not know how. The little picture of the winding road is the best I could do... SO FAR!

I am feeling adventurOUs... so who knows?!

I am prOUd of myself, yes, I am :o)

I did not learn how to embed, Wezie. I am sorry to say. Thanks for yOUr encouraging woo hoo on that, but I didn't "learn" how to. Well, maybe I did. I'm not sure. I can only do the YouTube thingies and sometimes even they don't work. But YouTube makes it so easy, so that really doesn't count, does it? And what I still cannot do is the click here and go there thingy. THAT I wish I knew. Ho hum. I have had several people explain it to me, write directions and send them to me (thanks, Connie:o). But to no avail. :o(

But, I'll figure it out...

Oh, yes... yes, I will...

Okay... new topic...

I sure like to do this... a lot... don't I?...
LOL! ...
anywhooooo....

Okay, so we got some FREE, yes, I said FREE tickets to the movies. I have not been to the movies in, well, I really don't remember. We went and saw National Treasure (this is where I would do a clicky to the movie but I can't yet). It... was....



AWESOME!!!

But you really shOUld see the FIRST National Treasure, first. My sister and brother-in-law did not see the first one and they were a little confused in the beginning. Okay, I'll give you the fact that this movie wasn't as believable as the first, big stretch there Nick, BIG stretch there... But nonetheless, I LOVED the movie. Did I mention how much I like the movie? Well, I did.

Those are two movie DVD's I would love to have. AND... I ADMIT I cannot look at Nicolas, Nicholas, whatever... Cage without thinking of VALLEY GIRL!!!

LOVED HIM... yes, I DID.

Do you know that I only recently (about two months ago) saw the whole, real, uncut version of that movie??? I had no idea is was so, racy. I much prefer the less provocative version. I didn't need all of that other stuff, nope, I did not. I would like to be able to buy rated R movies in cut form. No swearing, no S-to-the-E-to-the-X scenes (don't want to see that) and less blood. Don't want to see that either. Am I alone on this?

9 comments:

karen b said...

i don't like rated R movies either, Jenn. i usually wait until they show them on a cable channel like USA or TNT where they bleep out the language and cut the racy scenes out. i once watched Pulp Fiction like that. i'm sure it was very different from the original without all the f-bombs, but i still liked the story (and seeing john travolta dance).

karen b said...

oh, and i love nic cage. my favorite movie of his is Raising Arizona.

Jenn said...

raising arizona... ROCKS!!!!

Wezie said...

The last song of Valley Girl..."I'll Stop the World and Melt with You". Most disturbing movie I have seen with Nick Cage: Leaving Las Vegas.

There are several movies on my list...we'll probably get to go to one:
National Treasure (because you say it rocks)
Enchanted
The Chipmunks

we watched national lampoon's Christmas Vacation tonight...what a hoot!

Also, for the more serious watch...PBS is showing Jane Ayre tonight and next Sunday. Tonight's episode was so good that I blogged about it!

And about the whole blogging thing: I totally thought I was smart when I learned how to do the slide shows and YouTube thingies, but my sister has taken a class on HTML and she can build a whole web-site!!!! She's so smart!

Jenn said...

ummm, can you introduce me to your sister?

Smockity Frocks said...

Okay, I'm considering this my personal mission. You WILL get this link thing down. First, if you haven't switched to New Blogger, DO IT! When you are posting look at the little icons at the top of the screen. Do you see the icon for bold, italics, spell check? There should be one that looks like a sideways 8 or a chain. If you roll the mouse over it, it will say, "insert link". Highlight the word you want to link to and then click the chain. It will give you a box to copy the web address into that you want to link to.

LEt me know if that still doesn't make sense. I have one more trick to try.

Smockity Frocks said...

Copy and paste this link into your browser: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=41379&query=how%20do%20i%20link&topic=&type=f

It will explain what I was trying to up there.

Smockity Frocks said...

Okay, if those things don't work, and this here is my last shot, sharpen an aqua marine Crayola crayon on both ends, and while holding it in your left hand and circling it in the air above your head, recite the words, "Alakazam, alakazink, turn, turn, turn into a link!" and when you say the word "link" tap the monitor with the crayon where you want the link to be. If that doesn't do it, then I would contact Blogger and lodge an official complaint, 'cuz those suckers need to know their system is faulty!

Jenn said...

the crayon thing worked! i can now link! imagine that!!!