
I am an includer. Seriously, how many times have you heard me say, "the more the merrier"? I truly feel that way. I heard my daughter say it today, and I was so proud.
It pains my heart to think or know of someone who is lonely or needing companionship. I have been blessed to have some wonderful friends, but even so... I am honestly admitting feeling alone at times. Sometimes those "times" lasted for quite a long time.
I have finally learned a lesson:
Women, girls, ladies, lasses, chicks, sistas, homegirls...
We need each other. We need to lift each other up in prayer, companionship and friendship. We can be so cruel to each other and to ourselves, can't we? Where is God's glory in that? Nowhere, none to be had.
Everyone has those "moments" or days, right? Some people enjoy those solitude times, I don't. When I'm feeling low I think about others who might be feelin' low, too. One day in particular, I decided to pray for my friends. I was having a hard time changing my mind on how I felt and my own personal circumstances. But I could pray for my friends. It helped ME feel better. Isn't that just amazing how that works? I have said way too many times that no one is as hard on me as I am. So , I decided to focus on others. And can you believe... it works?
Job 42:10 And the Lord turned the captivity of Job and restored his fortunes, when he prayed for his friends; also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.
Since starting this encouraging and lifting up others stuff, it is easier to like myself. Something I have struggled with. I know, I know... a lot of us do it to some extent right? Either when we were younger, or now. But why do we do that to ourselves? Or each other? I really don't know. But instead of listening to the soap opera that can go on in my head about who said what and why wasn't I invited... I decided to be the inviter, initiator, encourager, giver, and friend. It works much better for me. In fact, it quite suits me. I have had more people over for lunch in the last year than in the last five years combined. And ya'll know how much I love to cook for people.
I am trying really hard to make the phone calls that I have put off, to keep up with old friends, make the dates of lunch and or coffee, have the brief and or long and meaningful conversations, compliment my beautiful sisters when they are "looking good" and encourage them when they are working at something. We need each other. We could probably walk in each others shoes at least for a day, right?
So, to all my sisters out there. This one is for you. Thanks for all you do and making the world more beautiful and loving place to be.








2 comments:
Great attitude! Sometimes I feel this way, too. A family with soon-to-be-7 kids doesn't get many invites, if you can believe it! We decided a couple of years ago to make hospitality our gift/service to others. So...when are y'all coming through here and stopping by?!?!
you are so sweet to offer your home to us. it would just wonderful to meet you. you are such a good and precious friend to a good and precious friend that it would make me feel honored to know you! is that mushy enough??? probably in the summer, the cabins are a lot less expensive during that time it looks like. ;0) i want him (ira) to get the FULL effect!
Post a Comment