Saturday, December 15, 2007

Today is just THE coldest and blusteriest (is that a word?) day! It really feels like winter. This is something special down here in Texas. Not that we want it cold or anything it is just that it's nice to have an actual "cold day" in December. We have had such mild weather that this is a treat in a sick sorta way.

The bad thing is that the wind is blowing 90 to nothin' (as my Gramma wOUld have said). My allergies and asthma are INSANE. I have not been able to get a real good, deep breath today. I went to the doctor and he changed all my meds because the others were not working and my wheezing is, well, pretty awful.

I am exhausted because I keep waking up at night, the apnea thing is worse when my asthma is going on.

So, this is a pretty depressing post...

We did, however roast marshmallows in the fireplace! :o)

I had my two friends and their new husbands over for dinner last night. It was the FIRST TIME that WE were ALL together ALL of us MARRIED!
I was so happy.

Starla and Keith are celebrating a whole five weeks of marriage, today. It was so cute to be arOUnd brand new newlyweds. The sweet glances, the knowing looks, the kissing... yes, we got to see it all. Sappy/sweetness, just as the Good Lord intended :o)

I made my famous Beef Tips. And yes, Good LORD in HEAVEN, they WERE good. Stacy and Travis brOUght their new puppy, Jack Bauer (Bower - I dunno). He was so incredibly cute and cuddly. Bo is usually just the greatest dog arOUnd other dogs but he scared me by growling at this puppy. They ended up getting along fine in the end. But the puppy was all worked up and kept barking at Bo, it was so cute. What was even cuter? The way the "parents" reacted. Stacy and Travis were/are fabulous parents to their lucky little Jack Bauer (Bower)! I wonder if he really knows how good he's got it. By the way Stacy described his Christmas stocking, he will soon find OUt!

My Sweet Bo, was fine when Little Jack wasn't eating OUt of his bowl. It is so nice when our kids get along... :o)

I just paused and put some more logs on the fire... sooooo nice.

I.J. wants to roast hot dogs now. He also wants to sleep in his sleeping bag in front of the fire tonight and pretend like he's camping. So cute.

Okay, so during this cold blustery day we did have one big ray of sunshine and warmth (besides the one dwelling in my heart). We got a Christmas card from our sweet missionary friends Brent and Vikki.

They are working hard... in Hawaii... aaaaahhhhhhh....

Mele Kalikimaka a me Hau`oli Makahiki Hou With the Aloha of Jesus... the card read. Okay. :o)

No comments: