Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sisters

Today is my sister Dolly's birthday. I don't know how old she is... is that funny or what? But I don't.

We don't get to see each other very often and that is sad to me. We have different moms and grew up in different homes. I always looked up to and admired my older siblings. They were TEENAGERS when I was a little girl. That meant A LOT to me. TEENAGERS were so cool when I was a kid. They got to babysit, drive, go to rock and roll concerts, football games (my sisters were cheerleaders, OH MY GOSH, SO COOL). They were older, pretty, got to wear make-up and cool clothes. My big brother was so handsome and mysterious to me...

We grew up in different towns. One year their high school was in a play-off game and came to sweet little old Abilene town. The cars of teenagers came to MY hOUse because they came to visit us. The whole cheer leading squad was in my house, TEENAGERS. They had on make up and cool clothes and their school colors. I... was... ENAMORED...! We (my little sister and I) got to ride in the car with them to a restaurant the TEENAGERS were meeting at. A song played on the radio and all of the TEENAGERS were singing as lOUd as they could to the words of the sad, love song. I could not wait to have those TEENAGER moments. I think I was all of eight years old? They were the coolest things on the planet in my eyes, heart and head.

They have all grown up now and have grown or almost grown children. I still think they are the coolest. :o)
Happy Birthday, Dolly! Love You!

No comments: